Thursday, February 23, 2017

energy

"She explained to me that young people need lots of exercise and that we should exhaust ourselves on a daily basis or else we would have troublesome thoughts and dreams, which would result in troublesome actions."
A Tale for the Time Being, Ruth Ozeki

What do I do with myself?!? This is my constant struggle... and the reason why I make mental lists that I never carry out. Unless I write it down. Which reminds me... I need to record a SF bucket list.
This is my constant struggle, so sometimes I just find it easier to shut down. And keep on keeping on with the unconventional hobbies.
"Whatever happened to soccer?"
Some of us can't do things like that!
Currently missing my activity friends, who are doing all the activities I'm attempting... just in another part of the country. Like Megan who's working on her handstands last I checked. But this is misleading. She's not really an activity friend first. She's a fellow fatass friend first. Which is why I was making dinner with her while we took turns talking about our favorite snacks and snacking behavior... as we always do.

evening eggplant meat clamshells

adapted from here

1 eggplant from my imperfect box, sliced
6 oz ground pork
4 oz shrimp, minced
1/2 t salt
1/4 t sugar
1/8 t white pepper
1 t sesame oil
1 T veg oil
1 t Shaoxing
1 egg
1 t cornstarch
2 scallions
-mix mix mix everything until pasty (but still chunky because I just used chopsticks)
-stuff between sliced eggplant clamshells
-fry stuffed eggplants to brown each side
-steam about 10 min
-smother in sauce*

*followed sauce recipe pretty much exactly from Woks

Dear Megan, 
Wishing you were here to knock out my hiking bucket list every weekend.
Love,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment