Friday, January 6, 2017

pout

It's funny that I was recently talking to someone about how much I hate airports because I've enough stressful flight experiences to send me into bouts of panic and rage when I think about going to an airport. Here I am sitting at the office, waiting for my red eye to take me to NC where it's not really snowing, after all the flights were cancelled for snow. Fuck. First time trying to catch a plane since the last time when I nearly missed my international connection. And then the time before that when my new year's plans were nearly cancelled. Damn, I thought I left this unpredictably bitchy weather sitch behind when I left Wisconsin. Just trying to remind myself that things have worked out in the end so far, but spirits aren't high and feelings aren't positive and I'm just trying to think about prettier things...
like this view at sunset from Tessa's street.


Or our bright yellow banana slug friend at Big Basin.
And this ginormous spongey mushroom.

And definitely the amazing reminder of home from a trailer on the side of the road.
"Do you need to be a kid to get the kids combo?"
"No."
Thank god because it was a lot of food. I got the ribs with mac and cheese and Tessa got the pulled pork with potato salad. And we ate it outside in the cold on a bench by a closed coffee house. And I savored every minute of every bite of fall-off-the-bone rib meat followed by squishy cheesy mac and cheese with bits of bread crumbs. Currently enjoying white cheddar Cheez-its as if they are the same thing. Can't wait to get back.
Fingers crossed I make it... and then that I still fit in my dress after this entire day of stress eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment