Thursday, January 5, 2017

andddddd the quarter life crisis starts now

In my early adulthood, I hated my birthday. I just always saw it as such a pointless day and refused to really celebrate it. And then I got over it.. and myself. And gladly took my day off to explore a bit of Sausalito with Tessa and Katherine to check another cute-beachy-town-I'll-never-be-able-to-afford off the list. 

We landed at Bar Bocce after a quick urban hike for the view. The ground was wet from the night before, there was chance of rain all day long, and the clouds seemed on the edge of ominous, but it's as if Monday knew to save the annoying downpour until Tuesday (because that's exactly what happened).
It didn't take me long to realize the craving for squid after seeing calamari a la plancha with pine nuts, capers, and couscous on Yelp and then on the menu. I love when you expect things... and then they happen. And to round it out, we split a mushroom pizza with fontina, caramelized onion, and roasted garlic. I'm usually a thin crust girl, but the chewy, salty, slightly sour crust on this guy was just what I needed on an overcast day... but in overflowing basket form.
Then I did what I did best whenever I go on hikes - explore my fear of heights. This time on a swaying bridge in the wind over angry waves to Point Bonita Lighthouse. And I made it.

So I rewarded myself later at Tigerlily.
With cilantro garlic naan and a TRIO of sauces. Alicia and Christy would tell you the enthusiasm was unnecessary. But I dgaf because I love my sauces.
Tiger prawns with avocado comes in a cup of papadum. And I like it because it feels like a hard thing to mess up but Alicia's fried chicken tikka was memorable.
And because I'm starting to like the attention now, I made a lame and vague (but practical) wish on the candle stuck in a curry mint ice cream sammich with pink peppercorn and pistachio. So into this peppercorn trend... and the mind is working...

New year, new age, same me, looking forward to my first weekend back in the homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment