Sunday, June 26, 2016

sumeshi + nori


I just got bored of pan frying pork chops. So it was a good thing Leslie showed me this when she did.
And what a great opportunity to perfect the art of cooking sushi rice. My only advice - follow the directions on the bag exactly.
I'm not gonna lie. This was not the cleanest dinner to assemble. Partly because I was using thick pork chops (carved off the bone).. should've sliced in half or something. And then there was the issue of wrapping everything in the sheet of seaweed, but that's usually my own fault. I get overzealous and greedy...reasons why I can never make a pretty burrito or taco or things of that nature. So I ended up using two sheets of nori.
Anyways, sushi rice, tonkatsu, napa cabbage, and over-fried egg with super duper easy tonkatsu sauce from here:
1 T ketchup
2.5 t Worcestershire
1.5 t oyster sauce
1 1/8 t sugar
I wish I could say I got better at wrapping (and remembering to lay down the saran wrap first), but I would be lying.
Doesn't matter though. The end result was three balls of savory, sticky happiness for the week.
Office lunches never looked this good.
No, literally. I was coming off a week of sad oatmeal lunches.

By the way, if you were wondering what I did with my art...

No comments:

Post a Comment