Wednesday, June 22, 2016

variations

The epitome of summer in Madison is sitting on the terrace with a pitcher and the sun setting over the lake. I'll admit there are a few awkward hours where everyone's vying for those seats where your back is turned to the setting sun, but once that and the steam whistle have passed, it's all warm breezes and black mirrored water and happy chit chat and more pitchers of beer. 
And crying about there not being any fries due to construction season.
Which inevitably leads to the dinner dilemma.
And the time Jen talked about the a lo pobre burger at Estacion Inka really sunk into my brain and clung to my hypothalamus and blanketed the prefrontal cortex.
So the next time we found ourselves in a dinner dilemma, we rushed on over to fix it. And add some variation to the burger quest.
LT, sweet plantain, shoestring potatoes, salsitas, and one sexy fried egg that oozed everywhere when I smushed the bread down.
Not the most ideal first date food for me - Lorraine, Daren, and Jules will tell you that. But good thing I don't really give a shit when it's delicious. The patty was on the chewier side, and I wouldn't have minded another handful or two of shoestring fries for textural (and personal fried potatoes obsession) purposes. But I mind so little when the result of eating is being covered in sauce.
By the way, last night the strawberry moon did not look so strawberry to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment