Sunday, December 27, 2015

jojo has odd fans

Today I was thinking about how my baby brother is Class of 2020 (for high school).  What a nice and even number.  But also, what the hell.  When exactly did I grow up and get so old?  And yet, why does it simultaneously feel like nothing has changed while I'm sitting in my old (read: real) bed, pretending like I'm doing some productive work but getting mental blocks and blogging instead?  Jojo's comeback is like a metaphor for my life.  I remember listening to "Leave (Get Out)" on repeat with Pati on the bus to volleyball games and thinking she knew so much.  I remember her performance of "Baby It's You" on Nickelodeon and thinking she was the coolest.  I remember watching RV and thinking, "She's just like me."
 Definitely still knows so much.  Definitely still the coolest.  Except just a little ahead of me in life.


Throwback to a night of throwbacks when Jenna expertly quoted Aquamarine verbatim and we established what an old building looks like.
And adding another burger to the quest.  From Sobelman's.  The Fresco with habanero cheese, tomato, guacamole, raw onion, fresh pico de gallo, and a 50 cent egg on top.  Can safely say I enjoyed every bite, but can't safely say it wasn't because of the guac and egg yolk.  Can definitely safely say I polished off every fry.  And definitely don't get a beer afterwards.  Wish I had more definitive things to say, but it was all a musical blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment