Friday, December 25, 2015

edible wreath

We don't really celebrate Christmas.  We don't really celebrate any holiday actually, save for the times that my fam scores an invite to one of those rowdy and abundant Asian parties.  I would say hot pot is an all holiday tradition (like tonight) but we used to break that out on random Sundays too.  So... back to square one: We don't really celebrate Christmas.
But I made stuffed pull apart bread that unintentionally reminded me of a wreath, and now pull apart bread reminds me of Christmas because of that time I made this (you gotta scroll) with my cousins and things like this.  Next year..
Red pepper sauce, bacon, and mozzarella - the result of one of my more successful fridge clean out sessions.  I knew getting those 2/$1 Pillsbury biscuits would be a good idea.
And then they just disappeared right before my eyes.  Kind of like the holidays.. and time.. and life in general.  Where am I and how did I get here?
But coming back out of the deep end because these are dangerously addictive.

One ice cream sammich and a two hour nap a day keeps the ambitions at bay.
But aren't the holidays just the best excuse?
Merry December 25th from my kitchen table with the little one nomming on Ritz and Fritos beside me.
Capping off the night with Star Wars at 10pm.  Taking bets on what percentage of the film I'll actually be conscious for.

"Baba, I don't know what Christmas means."
-my favoritest kid

No comments:

Post a Comment