Wednesday, August 5, 2015

savory needs

I can't really say I don't have a sweet tooth anymore.  Undergrad primed it but grad turned sugar into a necessity.  But while I still look for something sweet to cleanse my palate after dinner or complement my morning coffee, sweetness is just not satisfying enough on its own.
So sometimes I need to turn what is classically sweet into something savoryy.

tomato bruschetta scones
 basic scones with basil, balsamic, diced tomato, mozzarella, and less sugar
made before I kept track of how I made things



mushroom chestnut bread pudding
baguette, broken up
bacon, 2 slices
onions, half
mushrooms, 16 oz
chestnuts, 8 oz
white wine
1/2 t thyme
1/4 t oregano
1/4 t coriander
1/4 t red pepper flakes
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
3/4 c frozen spinach
2 eggs
1 c almond milk
1/2 c parmesan, shredded
with mustard vinaigrette from here


Sautee filling things.  Mix liquid things and soak bread with cheese.  Wedge in filling things.  Bake 350F for 30 mins.  Eat out of pan with mustard vinaigrette.
Breakfast and dinner for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment