Sunday, June 14, 2015

pieced away

I've been told I need to take more risks.  Get out of my comfort zone.  Throw caution to the wind.  And overall live a little.  (Gross, could I be more cliche?)
So I thought I'd mix things up by not roasting my bag of mini cabbages in bacon fat.
Went with a raw salad preparation instead.



shaved Brussels sprout salad
Brussels sprouts - carefully sliced because I don't have a mandolin, a trying task that's very well worth it in the end
candied walnuts from Audrey from Audrey's boss from the holidays
dried cranberries (fun fact of the past semester: "craisins" is patented)
[loads of] parmesan
mustard vinaigrette (spicy brown mustard, white balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic clove, olive oil)
-tip: don't put minced garlic in a sauce squeeze bottle, you might be surprised to find it clogs up the tip, I know what you're thinking, and yes, I am a genius
Paired that with one of my hasselbacks topped with a crumble of sorts and roasted hazelnuts.  Had (and still have) wayy too much oatmeal to deal.  Had a jar of curry paste that's too delicious with potatoes.  It just all came together so organically.
It's still a work in progress but...

curry oatmeal crumble
oatmeal
flour
Patak's curry paste
butter
salt

As a side note, the same curry paste went into this vegetable korma.  Here now because I'm dreaming about fields of veggies, which always feel to be lacking as I'm cleaning out my fridge.  I'm about to eat Greece into a deeper financial crisis.


Heavily reconsidering my middle school fantasy of a hermit lifestyle.  Fields of greens everywhere.  And no unnecessary people.  And no unnecessary work.  Just surviving.  This is what we were put here for, right?
I may not come back from this family vacation.  Taking risks?

No comments:

Post a Comment