Wednesday, June 3, 2015

greener pastures

Construction over*, winter over, rainstorm over**.  Capitol looking as beautiful as ever on my walk home.

*Construction is actually never over.  It's just over in this one frame.
**Also never really over.


The necessary potato consumption continues.  This time in the form of hasselback potatoes.  Which I've decided are actually kind of ugly.  Like... (and apologies in advance if I ruin these for anyone) they kind of look like roly polies.  But I'll agree that they are like a cross between a baked potato and potato chips that can be eaten like a blooming onion, which makes this otherwise ugly carb bug my third favorite way to eat potatoes (after fries and roasted breakfast style with rosemary).
Bunches of mint (and asparagus and rhubarb and potted herbs) at the farmer's market now.  I can't wait until peach season, but until then, I was happy with my $1 bunch of mint.  To feed my pea obsession.
pea and mint puree
1 c frozen peas, thawed
1/2 bunch fresh mint (approx 1/3 c loosely packed leaves)
3 garlic cloves
1 t white balsamic vinegar
1 T melted butter (aka butter that didn't make it onto the taters)
salt and peppa
-toss it all in a stick blender cup and zap away
-drizzle in olive oil to desired consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment