Sunday, May 31, 2015

pass the peas please

Freezer staple: peas.
Form of consumption: pureed.


I guess some would say peas are a spring time thing, but thanks to Birdseye, I can throw them in anything and everything all year round.  So I do.  Curries, breakfast, soups, pastas.
But I'm really beginning to appreciate mashing them up with any and all other kinds of things.
peas-parmesan-yogurt-garlic
but maybe go easy on the garlic because five cloves was wildly overwhelming even for me


peas-basil-garlic-olive oil
eaten simply with a loaf of asiago bread during salmon sous vide night

peas-parmesan-garlic-dill-olive oil
eaten under pan-fried salmon with dill and dill roasted potatoes - a lot of dill happened

And all I want to do is go home with you
But I know I'm out of my mind
...
I want to touch you but I'm too late
-Shura

No comments:

Post a Comment