Wednesday, February 11, 2015

these are a few of my favorite things

We'll call this caprese shells.
You can get a beautiful mountain of (probably Thai) basil from Midway for less than $1.50.  My obsession with the stuff began when my dad bought a pack of it to make basil fried rice.  Most of it ended up drying up and/or going bad because it was an overwhelming amount of basil, but it really didn't stop me from continuing the toss a pack of too-much basil every time I head to an Asian grocer.  
And then I go on a basil binge.
So that's where I'm at now.
If this feels excessively green, that's because it is.
Whenever I think basil,  I think caprese.  Sometimes I crave the stuff.  It's just such a refreshing combination... that can't be without carbs.
If you ever wanted a quick pasta sauce, I'm telling you - mash up some avocado and just start throwing shit in (caprese ingredients in this case).

No comments:

Post a Comment