Thursday, December 18, 2014

wildest fromagination

If you don't know it now, you probably won't get it.
That's where I am in studying Pchem.  That's where I always am during finals week, days before I can go home without responsibilities.  This will probably be the last time for that luxury.  Hooray for aimless first years.  Hooray for all the broken instruments in my lab (but not really).  Hooray for... cheese.  Again.
Might as well accept that there is no escaping the ultimate comfort/guilt food here.  
Fromagination caught my eye every time I ventured to the capitol square during bar hours.  I finally visited it with Nancy, and we snagged many samples before brunch.  The place falls right in line with my obsession with crafty, fancy artisan places.  Where nothing is under $10 and inspiring flavor combinations abound.  Where I talk myself into purchasing something as a present for Dad, but really it's for me.  It's places like this that remind me of how little I know and how much I want to be an expert in.  Though this isn't about needing to know everything; it's about needing to know everything about cheese.  
So much cheese, so little time.
First up, Pleasant Ridge Reserve orphan, which I mostly devoured as a snack with pears, pretzels, and sesame honey mustard.
And it's never a good idea to take a mental health day while hungry because I couldn't resist the Thanksgiving-y turkey, cranberry, and brie on sunflower bread.  Which I carried over to Barriques for an almond joy latte (coconut... I'm telling you...) while salivating.
Also, I have a new appreciation for the patience of middle school teachers after the first time editing one of my brother's paper's for class.  If not for my higher priority of staring at kinetics equations, I would have rewritten the entire thing for him to later hear he received a failing grade for cheating.  Teenage writing is rough.  I can only imagine the embarrassment if I were to revisit my hypothetical middle school blog.  Actually, come to think of it, my early high school stuff is awkward and awful, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment