Sunday, November 9, 2014

that time my roommate worked at Jimmy John's

Let's celebrate the fact that last night was Kasia's last ridiculous late night shift (9pm-4am) at JJ's.  Meanwhile Audrey and I spent a productive night making soups, visiting Kasia, making mulled alcoholic drinks, and visiting Kasia with a thermos full of wine.  I don't care what anyone says, her co-workers loved having us there...on that randomly slow Saturday night.


 I almost set the stove on fire making my mulled whiskey (is that a thing?  It is now.. but I guess it's kind of redundant because it's already spiced... whatever) with apple peels (from my soup - but that's to be another post) and brown sugar.  Look how pretty the peels look; they're like flower petals.
[By the way, that's Lucky Charms dust on a plate that previously had only ONE slice of chocolate cake.]
 Then we made mulled wine, and I snapped a string of "candids" of Audrey sipping on it before heading downstairs to beg for more bread guts and plot ways to hoard cookies and read all those inspirational signs and question why they have Christmas stickers in November.

And then at 2am, Kasia came knocking on my door to record my reaction when I saw the 25 loaves of bread she brought home like the Thanksgiving version of Santa Claus.  I don't think I've ever seen so many loaves of carbs collected in one bag.  This is even beyond Costco level.  Oh my, the overwhelming happiness.
 Although this one's happiness might rival mine.
Also the reason I found this.  I'm so glad a page dedicated to day-old JJ's bread exists.
Fighting food waste one bag of bread at a time.  (We need a bigger freezer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment