Saturday, November 8, 2014

continued search for the best burger

I'm realizing now what a horrible mistake I made going to Tipsy Cow so early in the search.  I'm not even sure what possessed me to want to go in the first place.  The cute name probably?  The fact that I heard from some source that it's yummy?  The point is that it landed on my burger quest list, and then we found out they host trivia on Monday nights.  And that was that.  We finally had some solid plans to dine out among all the "Let's go there!"s.
I so eagerly left my apartment more than half an hour before our agreed upon time because I was antsy, no one else was home, and I was suddenly struck by the fear that we might not get a table (even though//especially because it was Monday night trivia).  My stomach is twisting itself into a hungry knot as I write this.  Because hands down, the best burger meal I've eaten in almost 23 years of life.  Love affairs with food are real, okay?  As I've probably mentioned before, I'm a sucker for signature dishes denoted by the mention of the restaurant name.  So as enticing as the Guac Bacon burger special sounded, I had to get the Tipsy burger.  Tipsy sauce and housemade pickles... yes, sold.  This wonderful creation came with two crispy and juicy, smashed patties, which I asked for medium rare.  Grease and two types of cheese became one as it all dripped down and coated my eating hand.  A soft buns to soak most of it up.  The option of onions (always yes, always grilled).  No idea what the house sauce was exactly (but we agreed that it's always some variation of Thousand Island), but its tanginess balanced the sharp cheddar nicely.  At this point, the bacon was just a wonderful extra gift.  And and and with the ketchup, they even had whole grain mustard, which I painted on my burger before each bite.  Not that I would need them, but I wanted the fries because well, half priced on Mondays (no question), and they are basically a separate meal in itself.  We split the Carnitas fries, which were drowned in more meat and fixings in a very good way.  After the first battered fry, I had to chase each bite of burger with a fry.  A taste of one was incomplete without the other, and I was simultaneously so satiated and wanting for more by the end.  I should also mention that I ordered whatever chocolate stout they had on tap (which also had "Tipsy Cow" in the name), and it was just the most delicious beer I've had with a noticeable chocolate flavor (on par with the Vanilla Java thing from Cooper's).  I can already tell much of my paycheck is going to go towards funding Monday night trivia.
I kid you not when I say I fantasize about this burger.  Puts my long distance love (aka Buns) to shame.
But I must continue to power through my burger quest... despite the fact that no other burger will be nearly as enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment