Wednesday, September 12, 2012

roo like venison

 Tuesdays at Thousand Pound Bend are $8.50 burgers days.
Not going to say no to that.
So after spending most of the day in transit back from Sydney to home, constantly-hungry Amelia followed suit to get a fucking burger (especially since Bernard's precious Moo Gourmet Burgers' kangaroo burger was $16.50).
Quite possibly one of the best burgers I've ever had.  Definitely up there with the Thunder in DC deliciousness.  Maybe even better because the bun was fantastic, so soft yet didn't mush with the weight of the patty.  And the roo meat was surprisingly moist despite the gamey..ness.  I wish I could describe the taste of kangaroo meat with words, but you're just going to have to get a burger yourself.  And whatever their sauce was, I would like to purchase a bottle of that, please.  I was even a fan of their hot sauce condiment, which was both not sweet Thai chili (which is everywhere) and spicy enough for the side of me that is my mom.
As Sydney quoted, or sung, rather.. "there's a party in my tummy, so yummy."
["Yeah my 3-year old cousins watch that..."]

As a side note, it was Fashion Week last week.  Week's worth of free workshops and shows and makeovers and photographs.
When I saw a man, hands full of paper Levi's bags, my immediate instinct was to lurk.  Lucky for us, he didn't know what he was doing (aka I think he was only supposed to hand out bags to people actually seated in the fashion show area) and we happened to be right behind a woman who was offered a goodie bag, so naturally Sydney and I hopped on the last two.  Cue scramble to get Nikhail and Joelle goodie bags, too.
Loveeee that free shit,
especially when you legitimately need it - don't have to make a trip to the W for cheap lotion anymore.
Free shit included a selection of Australian bath products, coupons, and... coconut water... sure, why not?  Oh and a pen that lights up, cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment