Sunday, August 19, 2012

it's a sin

[Malls. They call them arcades here.]

 Started the Saturday with breakfast at Gluttony It's a Sin.
 Gluttony - poached eggs, bacon, tomato, rocket, all piled on a thick slice of toast
It was the kind of hunger that's now always with me when food suddenly becomes more expensive than I can imagine. 
It was the name of the restaurant, the word that inspires binge eating, lavishness, and fat.
It was the smell, the lovely invitation of meat that matched the fourteen dollar porterhouse steak special - not that I got that.
And then it was the display of cakes, each three times bigger than my face - not that I got one of those either (seven dollars, are you kidding me?).
 Waitressing during breakfast hours gives you constant cravings for breakfast foods.
And I always gotta have a little bit of everything for brekkers, save the sweets because 1. had muesli before leaving the apt and 2. had to keep the food baby at bay for the next semi-spontaneous activity.
 Sydney's Italian - fried eggs, spinach, bacon, tomato, stacked precariously on a fat piece of cheese bread

Ended the Saturday with a permanent new philosophy.
 
 Maybe we can make everything we ever do last forever.
It's because I worry too much,
because sometimes I feel like my body is always too tense.
That feeling, intensely afraid for but a few seconds, as if I might snatch it back and run, shout "nevermind" and let go of the deep breath I wouldn't dare to let go.
All I needed was the freezing cold and a $2.50 chai coffee to dissolve the nerves into near hysterical excitement (well contained hysterical excitement).  
Repeat mantra of 'why you should do this.' Concentrate on breathing.  Remember this semester does not actually exist.
Higher physical pain tolerance than I expected.  I think I torture you too much, body.
Best new not-so-well-kept secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment