Tuesday, November 14, 2023

minny things

A baking supplies and classes store that also has a beautiful pastry display. We went for this honey custard filled beauty:
And then I got distracted by the corn filled thing, of course.


An underrated city that I would encourage anyone to go to. Honestly would almost not even want to go with you because my favorite part is nesting in Jules and Jared's home with their sweet mutt Lula.
We overdid it over my quick weekend stopover.
Picking up little baby Nashville hot softshell crabs and a lobster roll at Coastal Seafoods, a fish market that also had prepared foods and this comprehensive hot sauce bar.
Insisted on breakfast sandwiches at this pop-up turned brick and mortar, Marty's Deli.
Get the egg n cheese with the greens, but honestly I loved this chicken salad with pickled fennel. It was so refreshing and the bread was so on its own flavorful.
Stopped by the Hmong market for some market stall foods. I was taken by the long sausages, but they weren't exactly what I was expecting and actually kinda flavorless. The angel wing was more fun to eat but also not as salty as I wanted it to be.
Righted the palette with a bahn mi with like everything in it including the pate. We split one between the four of us because we'd been munching all day long.
Good thing we broke up the blurred line between lunch and dinner with extra cocktails made with the Nixta Licor de Elote that I've been dreaming about since Oaxaca. Jules and Jared were not as obsessed with it as I am, which is fine because I helped them drink like a third of their bottle just on the rocks.
Why stop at our little food progressive. Dinner was pizzas from Yong Joni including this fun pickle one that you top with potato chips and tacos from Oro by Nixta and beers from Dangerous Man which was closing down soon :(
Yong Joni pizzas are so yum and it's got an attached speakeasy that we did visit the night before for drinks but were too full to partake in pizza so we had to right that wrong this next night. I think Oro could've been better if we had it hot and straight from the kitchen.
Finished with a few bites of this breakfast sandwich that was so simple but maybe my favorite from a cute coffee shop in the neighborhood. Why did we only split one between the three of us? Because not pictured is the sampling of bialis and a giant cinnamon roll we brought back to munch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment