Saturday, November 4, 2023

middle of nowhere vibes

An opportunity arose to meander through a couple Midwestern towns and why not take it.
Why is there a little goblin in this international friendship garden that's randomly in LaCrosse? I don't know.



I grossly mismanaged my eating schedule and was ready to pass out from hunger when I peaked into Schuby's Neighborhood Butcher in search of some breadsticks to eat with my leftover pack of mozzarella ropes and came away with a Spicy Italian sammich with soppressata, genoa, grand cru, hot giardiniera, lettuce, tomato, and house mayo. Had grand plans to only eat half the sandwich before one more hour of driving up to Rochester for late lunch... but I... did not stop.
I thought I would be hungry and ready to eat by the time I found Frank and dilly dallied around getting more coffee and walking through the tiny downtown to get to ThaiPop.
But alas, I was still full. Did that somehow stop me from eating a normal portion of Thai food though? No. Really all it did was save Frank from ordered like three more dishes than he was initially intending to. We settled on coconut veggies, as convinced by the waiter who said it was just the coconut brisket dish but with moar veggies... and then we added the brisket lol.
And I insisted on the Curry Rice Salad which was my favorite thing. Did I think I would have leftovers? Yes. Did I? No. Did I want to pass out immediately when I arrived in Minneapolis? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment