Tuesday, November 20, 2018

fall colors

I packed in my modestly sized duffel bag a mahogany red and burnt orange rug from Morocco, and I don't regret a thing. I haven't seen fall foliage since moving to Oakland, but that's okay when I have my tiny fall foliage rug (and moderate non cold weather...although I'll admit I miss scarves and chunky sweaters). It's become my favorite back drop on accident. 

Most recently with these cherry and apple cider caramels.
 


Perfect cheese plate back drop with homemade vinegar pickles, fresh ricotta cheese with citrus salt, trout pate from Portugal, and roasted delicata squash.

Perfect back drop for yellow mango flowers to complete the fall foliage palette. With basil leaves from my still-surviving-above-all-odds basil plant.

Perfect matching back drop for beet and sweet potato kakiage with fried basil from that same plant (^) and soy honey wasabi oil dipping sauce.
You wouldn't believe how long these guys took to fry. I didn't eat dinner until like 9pm. This is why I don't fry things.
  
Would've been perfect back drop for plum and pluot zwetschgenkuchen, which I became obsessed with after finding it during my "German desserts research" for work, and I bought a large bag of different colors from the farmer's market just as stone fruit season was winding down.

No comments:

Post a Comment