Wednesday, July 12, 2017

things that are fluffy

Just gathering my life together after a three week hiatus from real life.
The first thing I did was sleep for many hours.
The second thing I did was feed Tina.
The third thing I did was be thankful Alissa had leftovers from her BBQ because restocking the fridge and/or cooking was not in the cards this weekend.
After three weeks, I learned that I hate the Toronto airport.
And that I love my bed. As well as loose segues into food. Bed. Pillows. Fluffy pillows. Fluffy cakes.
Japanese cheesecake.
From here with lime zest and juice and powdered ginger and a sprinkle of ginger sugar on top.
I think this has replaced NY cheesecake in my life.


I will never stop marveling at how fluffy Tina makes doughs and batters.
So bubbly and alive. Worth the foresight and planning.
Empezamos lento, despues salvaje
I specifically asked my parents to bring me their $10 waffle maker that they never use so I could make sourdough waffles with Tina.
First test. With carrot 'almost powder' from the work dehydrator that is no longer food safe. 
And ginger syrup to make it glisten.
Next to succulents. Because succulents are so in right now. Like all over the world. Succulents are a global artsy phenomenon.
The problem was that the waffle edges didn't stay crispy for long. The solution was that I ate it anyways.

Second test. Inspired by the fluffy souffle pancake studded with banana slices from Bette's Oceanview Diner - recommended to split by the way. I needed a serious nap after finishing one by myself.
Anyways, the first banana chia waffle was so fluffy it wouldn't stop overflowing.
Basically the same NYT recipe... plus one mashed overripe banana and a generous handful of excess chia seeds for crunch.
Didn't solve the problem of limp waffles... but persisted with same solution to eat it all anyways.
Wait, am I not using enough butter?
Good thing I have Tina and a $10 waffle iron to continue figuring this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment