Thursday, February 16, 2017

with the band

And the award for second favorite city goes to...
Thanks for coming out of your deep dark MCAT hole, Frank.
Lounging from the rooftop "bar" aka Restoration Hardware. I never thought I could fall in love with an inanimate (non food) item... but then I plopped myself down on the cloud. Savings goal = $8k so I can own that.
We start the day with coffee now. Because I'm an addict. And I admit it. And when it's available at work at the push of a button, I power through 3x the amount I ever did in undergrad/grad combined. And I'm not convinced that it actually wakes me up, as much as it makes my more mornings feel more complete.
So we got pour overs in beakers at Street Bean. Served to us in Ikea beakers to be poured into ceramic mugs.
I like when my coffee is interactive.

If you want to know my true feelings about this savory Dutch baby with broccoli, bacon, and cheddar from Tilikum Place... just ask Alicia for her video snap of me singing "you are so beautiful to me" to this little cast iron skillet of fluffy gold. Basically a quiche surrounded by an edible cloud. Savory and sweet with habanero pepper sauce and a drop of syrup here and there. *whispers* I love you.

Then we had to be split up into two tables for my first time at DTF (yeah we call it DTF around here...apparently) because I'm a bad Asian. But now it's fine. Because I ate my weight in soup dumplings and wontons.. but probably not quite my weight. Clearly not enough to turn down late night queso.
Ugh Seattle, I miss you and Matt's parking abilities already.

No comments:

Post a Comment