Tuesday, January 24, 2017

night time in miniature

History was by far my least favorite subject. I thought I would love it when we began our unit on the Greeks and Romans in 6th grade, but it just all sounded better in theory. And so I continued on for the next six years, trying and failing and trying and failing to be interested in history. It's such a weird feeling to be 25 and painfully aware that I am, in fact, living in a future history textbook right now.
But damn I spend too much time thinking about my own history.
The theme of the week is Missing the Midwest, and in honor of J&J coming to town in T-2.5 months, I'm reminiscing about the Minneapolis weekend that kicked off the rest of my trek across the country.
Specifically at World Street Kitchen.
yum yum rice bowl
caramelized brussels sprouts
(and all our crumpled napkins)


And the real stars of the evening were our Bangkok burrito frands.
korean 'bbq' beef short ribs
red curry chicken, get inside me
It's a lot of beige... but beige foods are usually the best.
"She loves you long time, we love you short rib"

Then because dessert is stored away into a different stomach, we strutted, full and happy, next door to Milk Jam. Where you have the option to get all the scoops for $56. And let me tell you, it's kind of tempting. Until you remember you could ask for a sample for all the funky flavors.
milkjam
turkish coffee toffee
thai tea
toasted coconut
goldfish and cracker jack
hibiscus lemonade italian ice
peanut butter banana and oreo
mango chili
black
blueberry sour cream cheesecake
etc
Landed on a big scoop of cereal killer - orange coriander milk with candied fruity pebbles. Intriguing right? And I attempted to get a solid FITA shot with the cute wallpaper or neon sign as people looked on, judging the shit out of me I'm sure, but Jules is super cute too.

Then because one dessert is never enough, we migrated to Glam Doll, with their pin-up girl decor and fluffy yeast donuts and eclectic furniture and lots and lots of pink. And did I mention the airy yeast donuts?
Can't wait to see ya *kissy face emoji*

No comments:

Post a Comment