Wednesday, November 23, 2016

that time I almost killed the host

Currently obsessed with:

-tamarind, especially tamarind yogurt, especially tamarind yogurt with candied orange slices and pomegranate
-my backyard (that's not going to change)
-Imperfect Produce and not having to leave my home to go "grocery shopping"
-the idea of a flourishing herb garden now that I see it does, in fact, pour here

I found myself with two heaping bags of imperfect black grapes and an impending Friendsgiving and a certain recipe waiting to be tried in my bookmarks bar, so naturally I went out to purchase peanut butter (I know) and frozen pie crust (I knowww) to make this. With crunchy instead of smooth pb and fresh rosemary from my little rosemary plant.
It's a good thing I asked if the host was allergic to pb. Too bad Alicia wasn't sure. Too bad I went through with it anyway thinking that peanut allergies are often known to all. What a mistake. My poor little galette sat out on the back patio while we nommed on turkey and Brussels sprouts and giblet gravy and corn pudding and stuffing and cobbler and pie inside.
Guess it just means more for me. And housemates. And workmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment