Monday, September 19, 2016

omakase yes please

Saturday morning was for regrouping (aka nursing hangovers). And in my case, climbing too many stairs and eating one of the three leftover pho's. 
Sunday afternoon was for wandering around the International District and showing Frank what an annoying girlfriend/travel bud I'd actually be... unless of course, you'd like following me into those super cute well curated stores and listening to my heart melt and head explode on repeat. New room decor need = cartoon renderings of ramen.
But so eats.. well actually drinks...
Roasty toasty barley milk tea with mini tapioca pearls from Oasis. 
And then my obsession for window shopping paid off when we found the naked Trump statue in a vintage store... called Vintage, appropriately, I think.



Introduced Niel to RGB, which I wish I got a growler of now. The honeydew white tea mmmm. That and drinking vinegars are going to become my newest obsessions. So west coast, amirite?

But the highlight of the night was when we dragged along Niel and Connor (who doesn't like sushi..uh what) to find Jila to then spend $75 on raw fish. But like... really really good looking (and tasting) raw fish.

Omakase at Shiro's 
(always eat right to left)
(also ignore the fact that Frank's arms are in all the backgrounds ugh)
White fish tasting of albacore tuna, sea bream with plum sauce, sea bass
Salmon trio of belly with sprinkling of salt and lemon wedge, more belly with ponzu, wild sockeye (oops this one is pictured left to right)
amberjack tuna, spotted prawn, golden eye snapper, geoduck
Spanish tuna platter of back meat, cheek meat, flash cooked and marinated meat, toro
What I'm calling the sushi dessert platter of potato roll, tuna roll, more chopped tuna, salmon roe, unagi, and back to the far right with sweet tamago
Definitely more than 18 pieces. Not pictured are the fried shrimp heads and clear broth with shrimp ball that were more stomach filler than palate cleanser but all great. Just great. So great.

Bonus: black cod marinated in miso and sake then broiled to perfection. Char, umami, crisp, flake, sweet, I couldn't handle it. Could live off of this for the rest of my life. Is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment