Friday, September 16, 2016

games and housekeeping

I like to play this game when I'm driving that involves ETA, miles to go, miles left until next direction, miles left in tank, and current time. Between all the information Sunny offers me, I keep myself amused for hours. Specifically (a little less than) 8 hours today on my drive from Missoula to Seattle (with only one short stop for gas). It's incredibly satisfying when I do the slow mental math to realize I'm shaving off one minute, then two minutes, then three, and suddenly it's six, no ten, twelve whole minutes! By the way guys, this is where adopting military time makes sense. And because I love counting down, I'll start counting down miles or time, whichever is closet to a multiple of five. I'll drive until there are 160 miles left to go and then I'll stop for gas. Or I'll drive the remaining 86 miles until Sunny gives me my next move. Or I'll go for another 23 minutes until there'll be 2hr left. It's almost the same compulsion that makes me obsessed with checking my step count or sleep data (which stopped when I was sleeping on the floor for a period of time).

Also, shoutout to Rach who recently discovered cruise control because I had a moment of "oh...duh" with the workings on my car. Arguably not as common as cruise control, but Sunny has this green eco button that the car dealer said was for fuel efficiency. So naturally I had it on and left it on since the day I drove him off the lot. Well as I was cruising along the windy roads between Idaho and Washington, it occurred to me that maybe this green eco button was affecting how Sunny accelerates. My hunch was right. I no longer had to basically floor it to get up to 70 mph on slight inclines (which definitely pissed off everyone behind me). Oops.

Anyways, I booked it to Seattle (and to Frank's on Franklin, hehe). They said the drive would be 10hr. Ha. The best part of the drive was going across the Columbia River. Like what the actual fuck, is this real? No wonder US lawmakers or whatever had to have all this western land. And gotta love when you gain an hour in travel. I made it around 4pm ish. And the first matter of business was to.. go to the gym.

The second matter of business was to.. impulsively buy a corn dog on the walk back after the gym because I couldn't find a nearby bakery. It's because we talked about corn dogs for so long in Minny. And because we weren't going to eat until late night happy hour at Japonessa.

No food pictures were taken because it was dark, and I was starving, and sushi looks like sushi. And I guess I also didn't wanna hold up Frank and Niva.

calamari japonessa
takoyaki
garlic short ribs
tempura brie cheese - amazing and almost like a spin-off cousin of cheese curds
edamame
super bad boy roll
spicy spider roll

Also, is cream cheese in sushi really a Seattle thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment