Wednesday, March 16, 2016

hbd




Someone once told me I am well-adjusted. I am happy and love to be around people. I am doing well for myself. But it doesn't feel that way. And sometimes it takes a little more effort to convince myself maybe what people are saying is true.

I've been in this perpetual state of missing someone for so long, it's become my default setting. All my emotional rivers lead here in the end. It's been another rough patch and too many consecutive days of feeling helpless and out of control. Overthinking and dwelling and not letting things go are my greatest weaknesses. So I decided to get my intended graduation gift to myself a little early. She would have been 51 today. An ode to where I grew up. The greatest turning point of my life. And a somber reminder that time doesn't actually heal everything and not everything happens for a reason. And some people are just not as resilient as others.


So 'til I meet you there, I'm singing
A traveling song to ease the ride and so you know
Everywhere I roam
I'll see you on the road
-Ryn Weaver, "Traveling Song"


No comments:

Post a Comment