Thursday, October 1, 2015

concentric circles

Pompieri Pizza is actually a lesson in how to cut pizza.  They serve your oversized personal pizzas with a pair of kitchen shears.


Back to the Durham days a year or so ago when Nance suggested we cut our personal pies into concentric circles.  Except we had to kill her childlike wonder and teach her the more practical way of cutting pizza - into triangular slices - so we could mix and match with each other.
What a mess of pork rinds and basil and mushrooms and... eggplant?
I think I will always be a sucker for cool and unique pizza places.  Where the toppings become a sort of inspiration - kind of like Salvatore's in Madison where I ended up choosing jalapeno pesto, carnitas, and chorizo over fig and bacon.

But I digress.

The point is..
Nobody likes you when you're 23.
Unless you're Nancy.
Happiest of birthdays to the most unassuming powerhouse who tells the dirtiest jokes.
Thanks for being my first visitor to Madison.  And then thanks for almost housing me.  Please come back during a warmer time when I can feed you more cheese curds and pink wine.  I miss your childlike wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment