Friday, September 11, 2015

my temporary pets




I was too happy to spend a weekend with these furry buds.
They made me feel like such a new and interesting human, as they circled my legs as I cooked.  Cricket likes to chill on the counter and drink out of the faucet... which was cute until he'd slowly creep towards the cutting board and I'd have to help him back down to the ground.  Juno was my fave - she just wanted to be loved.  She'd watch TV on the couch with me, nuzzling her head into my lap and presenting her belly to be rubbed.
While Argus had the least amount of chill.  I just don't think I was ever enough for him.
Anyways, it was too comforting to be in a house again.  Having uninterrupted space - with the emphasis on space - and windows looking out to nature, it would've been wrong to not spend Saturday morning lazily making brunch with Beauty and the Beast on in the background.  
There was one more garden candy that I didn't mention previously: a beautiful leek that I snapped while pulling out of the ground.
Went into a red potato and leek hash with garlic and and a sexy egg cracked right in the center.
Patience is waiting for potatoes to brown and persistence is individually flipping them with chopsticks.
Today (or.. that day... actually everyday) I'm feeling... fat like this kitty.
I < 3 fat cats.
If I knew my way around a photoshop, I could do so much with this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment