Wednesday, August 19, 2015

stone fruit season

It's been a year and a day.
The pros and cons of moving.
Downtown --> Football stadium//Union South
10 min to car --> 3 sec to car
big kitchen with gas stove --> smaller kitchen with electric stove
darkness --> windows
25 min to work --> 7 min to work
The last time I meandered through the farmer's market, I was struck by how beautiful and vibrant the cherries and apricots and currants were.  I must have just missed these guys last year.
Well, I didn't actually buy a carton because moving sucks, and I already had a project in mind with what I had.
Peach cheesecake.
With peach powder.
And a homemade cranberry biscotti crust.
Topped with black tea white chocolate sauce... though the black tea flavor was minimal.
It's a work in progress because cinnamon, ginger, and allspice in combination evoked flavors of fall, and along with the burnt orange color, I would've thought I was eating a pumpkin cheesecake.
At least I didn't burn the biscotti this time around.
A year and a day left to go....?

No comments:

Post a Comment