Wednesday, August 26, 2015

mahogany plate special

The nomad life is slowly coming to an end (I even have a mattress now).  As soon as I get around to taking all my clothes out of boxes, at the rate of a couple items a day.
One of the four homes I had lived in was Lorraine's cozy one bedroom with AC and bed.
And pretty plates and sunlight.  Which begged meals of springtime and veggies.
pan fried cod
topped with chili scallion crumbs (cayenne, coriander, butter, salt, pepper) and roasted garlic pieces
with a side of spring salad (romaine, tomatoes, scallions, peas, pickled carrots)
in cilantro cumin dressing (cilantro leaves, cumin, coriander, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper)
and butter roasted radishes (sesame oil, coriander, salt, pepper)
cinnamon roasted cauliflower (cinnamon, cumin, paprika, salt and peppa)
radishes (with scallions instead of chive)
and a small roasted onion
over rice
Thanks again, Lorraine, for giving me an anxiety-free place to be alone with my thoughts and weird habits.  Gracias por letting me take up living room space while you were back early to nurse a baby watermelon.  Gracias por feeding me those drool inducing chicken and guava/cream cheese empanadas.  I still dream about that fluffy fried dough sometimes.  Gracias por marathoning Harry Potter with me like a couple of dull blobs.
pride and joy returns - this was the best gift of gratitude I could come up with
May your Bermuda Triangle heal in time for our next semi-regular potluck (read: feast), and this time you'll have more space to devour everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment