Monday, June 8, 2015

fluffy and celebrations

Dear Best Friend,
I miss our laps around campus the most.  When the sun had set and everyone else was tucked away in their dorms, so we could freely exhaust all the topics while testing our entire range of emotions.  I can't really do that around here.  Downtown does not really facilitate wandering in PJs.  Or I guess I could... but I'd just look like I was doing the walk-of-shame at an awkwardly early time of night.
Anyways, I don't know how anyone puts up with me, but I really don't know how you put up with me.  Thanks for like five years of nomming and lazing around and coffee shops and being all around boring with me.  Thanks again for punctuating those times with dragging me out- would I have even learned how to socialize on my own?  Even though we are separated by 1135 miles. give or take, I'm not so convinced I haven't seen you in six months.  Also because I know I'll see you.  Somewhere.  Sometime.  After we both have more of our shit figured out.  Until then, I'll try to keep my text rants to a minimum.  To save it all for our next series of laps.  Hope you had an awesome birthday weekend with minimal drama and negative emotions.
As always, dibs on your pool house.
If you were within throwing distance of me, I would've made a substantial chocolate cake.  But since you are living it up in Boston, I'm going to honor you with this strawberry and papaya meringue nest I made and ate all in one sitting... because that's what I do.  And that's what you'd do.  And no judgment.  And that's why we're friends.
Just kidding.
We're friends because we hate the same things.
almond curd
yolks (however many for however large your meringue will be)
1/4 c sugar per yolk
almond milk
This is a work in progress because it turned out kind of grainy.  I mean, I still slathered it over everything and ate it by the spoonful when I ran out of things to slather it on... but I need to think more like a perfectionist.  Especially if I'm going to get through this next year.


Happy [belated] Birthday, Alicia.
Damn, you're so old now.

No comments:

Post a Comment