Tuesday, March 31, 2015

on my own again

I've been enjoying living alone for four days now, but Monday was the first day I was alone post grocery shopping.  I gotta say, I kind of love it.  Minus the creepy knocking sound coming from outside my window at 3AM - but that would freak me out even if the roomies were home on the opposite side of the apartment.  Basically, I've wasted no time turning the place into my space.  I shower with the door open, get dressed in the living room, and the fridge has no delineations.
Don't worry, it'll be cleaned up without a trace before Spring Break is over.
So what else can you do but bust out all the pots and utensils and foodstuff to make dinner for many for one?  Quinoa lasagna.  Or quinoa casserole with sausage tomato sauce.  Or deliciousness in a dish.  I ate my sad dinner of eel rice while this was on the stove, but the need to take one bite turned into ten and then a fourth of it disappeared by (Amelia's) bedtime.  The scale did not love me this morning.  But I never loved it either.
Here's the quinoa buried underneath it all:
And if you want something more beautiful to gawk at, here's where I got this beautiful recipe (sans truffle oil).  With bacon that was on sale and almond milk that wasn't squeezed from a cow.
It's a good thing I'm not a professional.

Meanwhile, science gives me headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment