Saturday, March 7, 2015

nerd nite

Kenny left me a jar of Hershey's hazelnut chocolate spread that he was not a fan of - by the way, it apparently took him half the jar to realize this.
I was also not a huge fan.  I mean... I should also confess that I'm not the biggest fan of Nutella either.  Here is where people usually gasp and shake their heads and declare friendship over or friendship never beginning or what-have-you.  But you know, the less Nutella I eat, the more there is for everyone else to eat; I'm just being considerate.
Well, I hated to throw it out, so I decided to make rugelach instead.  How do you pronounce this word?
Anyways, here they are, all lined up and tiny and cute.  I learned you have to cut the triangles super thin because bigger ones look weird when rolled up, and they cook unevenly.  
Filled with Hershey's spread, cinnamon, and sprinkled with a bit of pretzel salt on top.  The idea here was pretzels dipped in chocolate spread.  It was also the beginning of my excitement about pretzel salt...before I completely spilled my reservoir from three bags of finished pretzels... ugh.
Well whatever, I ate them with a glass of port and a game of Star Trek Settlers.  I was just as confused as you are, but we figured it out.  It was also complicated to be trading for oxygen and water and food because guests are free to have all those things in my apartment.  It's a compromise for forcing people to come over so I don't have to change out of my PJs or make an effort to go anywhere...as Liban so astutely figured out.
Hey whatever - it was Sunday.
The roomies didn't want the last two dollops of spread that I didn't use up, so it went into the trash anyways.  Sorry Hershey's, I think I'll stick to your dark chocolate bars and cocoa powder and Kit Kats... mmmm Kit Kats.

No comments:

Post a Comment