Monday, January 19, 2015

snackage

I've been living on snacks.
Yesterday was a slow and steady appreciation of beer and cheese that lasted four hours.  Madison's Beer and Cheese Fest was a lot.  So much so that I couldn't take a single picture because I knew it wouldn't justify the event.  True to poor student form, we got to enjoy the finer things of Wisconsin after three hours of tightening wristbands onto Premium Guests.  I did feel uber important getting warm and happy in my Event Staff tee though.  We started in a pretty orderly manner, going down two full rows before our ticketed friends arrived with the General crowd, and the place became the ultimate cluster fuck.  I lost track of how many glasses were dropped.  (How would I even know?  Because a low and loud 'ooooooh' rippled through the crowd every time it happened.)  At the start, it was a struggle finishing our tiny little samples before stumbling upon the next booth - we had to fill up on cheeses and sausages before meandering on.  But by the end, I couldn't keep my little glass filled.  I wish I was more attentive to what I loved, liked, and dumped in the rinse bucket, but after much thought, two things are crystal clear in my mind: apple cinnamon cheddar cheese and Dragon's Milk.
What a way to spoil yourself.

Since being here, I also perfected the art (and by 'perfected the art,' I mean I learned how to do it) of home popped popcorn.  I tried a couple times at home, but it always burned, so I gave up.  And that's how I ended up with three year expired kernals and two big bowls of popcorn: cinnamon sugar and paprika.  I didn't even feel guilty snacking on the stuff at 11pm.
Feeling an intense craving for beignets and Cuban sandwiches after watching Chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment