Thursday, August 16, 2012

Grill'd

 I kind of get overenthusiastic when I see the word "health" paired with a food stuffs that's commonly not so healthy.  Such was the case with Grill'd.  Healthy burgers?  Yes, please.
Found in the cute alleyway mentioned earlier (still no picture... just trust me when I say it was adorbs) when we decided to screw it all with shopping (everything was just too pricey) and eat instead.  First official meal in Melbourne about 5 weeks ago (fuck, I've been here more than a month already??) as I had been living off trail mix and whatever handouts I could find for orientation week.

Dad: are you eating?
Me: yeah, Daddy, they have lots of events with free food.
Dad: *laughs at my stinginess and desperation* you can afford to buy food.
Me: but... it's free.
Anyways, Bree and I split a Perfect Pear and Hot Hombre because we were being wonderfully indecisive.
But it turned out to be quite perfect.  The chili black bean salsa on the Hot Hombre balanced out the poached pears and fig paste of the Perfect Pear.  And since we both got chicken burgers, my senses were not overwhelmed by the drastic changes.

You know what I've noticed here?  Their water glasses are terribly small.  It's not just a restaurant thing - small ones, big ones, fancy ones, fast ones, they all have small water glasses.  Is it something about beach people?  Are they able to absorb it through their skin or something?
Maybe I just drink too much water.  I often feel like the flatmate finds it strange that I have to pee so much.  And I kind of go into panic mode when I've realized I've forgotten my water bottle//find that it's empty.

Which is now.
See ya later, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment