Thursday, June 14, 2012

day 5 and I think I'm failing

CHICKEN AND FRUIT
This diet is confusing the shit out of me.  By memory, I remember Alicia saying it was chickennfruit then chickennveggies.  After Googling and finding not her specific regimen but a couple versions of the GM diet, it's apparently beefntomatoes.  And now I'm hearing it's chickenntomtaoes.
Whatever dude, fuck it.  It's not working anyways.
But today will be chickennfruit anyways (and tomorrow, chickennveggies).  Need to eat up my house before departing for 10 days.

"I can only hope she's happy - even weird and happy will suit me just fine.  She will feel loved.  She'll have food. ...  She'll have seen, by the time she's six years old, much of the world, and she'll have seen, as well, that not everybody on this planet lives - or can live - anything like the way she lives.  She will, hopefully, have spent time playing and running barefoot with the children of fishermen and farmers in rural Vietnam.  She will have swum in every ocean.  She will know how to use chopsticks - and what real cheese is."
-Anthony Bourdain, Medium Raw

I'm kind of 30some% wishing I was his daughter right now.
And the other 30some% is wishing I was Alton Brown's.
And the last 30some% is being perfectly content with life, only made possible by the fact that I'm peacing out in less than a month.  You don't even know what excitement is until you feel what I'm feeling.

So lunch was a chicken and apple salad over romaine leaves.  Sprinkled with a pinch of poppy seeds and LOTS of freshly ground pepper.  Roasted the chicken last night and used the reserved fat to make a mustard vinegarette.
Ah, takes me back to that episode where no one's ready in Friends.
"Yup, it's fat.  I drank the fat!" - Joey.
Gross?  Not at all.  So. Fucking. Good.  Granted I'm not drinking it... yeah, that would be gross.
But gives a whole new meaning to fatass doesn't it?

Currently
Craving a PB&J sammy.
Snacking on dried jujubes - ode to childhood.
Wondering when I'll have to the time to take Alfred taco hunting.
Searching for a crossbody suitable for explororizing foreign countries.
Want an artisanal cheese platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment