Friday, June 8, 2012

Cholanad

 Luncheon with Megan at Cholanad.  They even have a video of their restaurant and whatnot so I needn't go into describing the modernity of it all.  But she can attest to how embarrassingly amused I was that the knife "stood up."  Iono, I thought it was a pretty genius design...
 Meal consisted the paneer tikka masala with a piece of naan that was as big as my head.  I was very very happy.  Especially since I always judge the naan based on the number of bubbles.  The crispy, flaky goodness of the naan made up for the small portion of paneer tikka (but in the end it turned out to be the perfect sized meal, one that I needed to walk off on Franklin Street).
 I really just didn't know how to "artfully" photograph my dessert... but anyways, I got a [official name unknown].  Basically a fried ball of dough soaked in syrup with a side of vanilla ice cream... and graham crackers.  Wasn't my favorite dessert ever just because I usually like my fried things to be crispy... otherwise why am I consuming it right?  And despite my newly developed college sweet tooth, the syrup was too sugary, though it had good flavor.
Next time, I want the table length dosa that serves 4 (or 2 if I'm there).

No comments:

Post a Comment