Tuesday, November 22, 2011

puffs of gold

 Second attempt at cream puffs, and they actually puffed!
Yay.
But the filling didn't turn out as wanted.
But that'll be a different story.

The first time was during a bakefest last winter break when I neglected to bring my camera back.

Anyways.
This is still perhaps my favorite accomplishment because I am definitely not a pastry kind of girl.  Baking is a tough enough chore as it is (except cheesecakes.  I love making cheesecakes).
The attempted filling was a red wine-soaked cherry cream (which didn't come together as I had wanted so I refused to capture the memory but you can see the pale red spots on the cream puffs).
Drizzled with red wine caramel, inspired by my meal at Jujube, from the same cherry... thing.
[Pit lots of cherries.  Empty a bottle of red wine into the cherries.  Add honey or agave for sweetness.  And orange zest for zing.  Refrigerate overnight.  Use for whatever.]

No comments:

Post a Comment