Tuesday, December 21, 2021

pantry cookie #6


I had to squeeze in another dried fruit cookie because I saw these mangoes. These were newly purchased, so it actually felt kind of like cheating. I know my dad eats dried mangoes in excess. But I immediately thought m a n g o s t i c k y r i c e. In my quest to mangostickyrice-ify everything, cookies feels like a natural format.
 


So these are sugar cookies made two ways (with and without egg) with coconut cream and mango pieces. They also conceal a little chewy ball of coconut mochi. Because yes, canned coconut liquids and glutinous rice flours are staples in this house.
Baked with the Joyce touch - lots of sesame seeds on top.
Side note: this morning lighting was fun. Also it is gloomy again today.
The eggless one was chewier, more flavorful though not coconut flavorful. It was just more intense at first bite. The egged one was more flour-y, puffier.
I wonder if I could sub out the butter entirely for coconut cream.

Eggless:
1/2 stick butter
1/2c sugar
90g coconut cream (just the creamy top part)
1c self rising flour
mango pieces

Egged:
1/2 stick butter
1/2c sugar
50g coconut cream (just the creamy top part)
1 egg
1c self rising flour
mango pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment