Monday, October 30, 2023

monster mish mash smash

some good bites born of desperation:
I have sooo much duck fat in my fridge right now. How many meals of potatoes can I manage?


I'm on a quest to use up my spice blends. The last of a tikka masala blend for chicken tikka with chickpeas and extra tomatoes. With a side of spicy lime pickles and tangy sweet aji sauce.
And fluffy scallion toast because I didn't have rice.

A large chicken sausage nestled within stewy white beans like a cassoulet thing with lots of fresh parsley to cut through the intense umami and bacon bits for a wee bit of crunch.

I accidentally make everything too salty when I make family meal at work. Tomato rice under a rough pine nut sofrito and seared short ribs. MMM I love when peppers and onions are cooked down into oblivion.

A quick bright, fall salad: butter lettuce, the royalty of salad lettuce, roasted delicata squash, softened red onions in pumpkin seed oil, and pistachio cilantro pesto dressing. MMM crisp.

The only thing missing here was a crisp beer.
Little bowl of bar food: fried chicken giblets tossed in salt, white pepper, cilantro, and scallions.
Almost-too-spicy roasted cauliflower in orange sambal, black beans, dried mussel, and fresh herbs.
Extra fermented, extra spicy sambal is lacto chilies and shallots, several slices of orange from an orange ginger cheong, fish sauce, and a touch of brown sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment