Saturday, December 19, 2020

drama

Being back in my parent's basement means no cake making for three weeks, which gives me some fomo now whenever I see a cake post on IG. Our latest obsessed: Elisa.
Been derailed from fully frosted cakes to make some dramatic layer cakes. She's been inspiring me to throw flavors at the wall and see what might stick.
 
My new habit - writing down any fleeting flavor combination that enters my brain.


Cake bits landscapes.

Deconstructed cake bits a la Joyce.

So this masterpiece (lol) started with a blank canvas of bleu cheese brown sugar pound cake.
Washed with cardamom buttercream. 
Studded with roasted walnut toffee and red pear chips.
Sculpted with half a mulled wine poached pear.
And splattered uncontrollably with mulled red wine caramel to pull it all together.

Remnants


No comments:

Post a Comment