Sunday, June 2, 2019

unit 1301

Look up at the ceilings in restaurants - sometimes they have cool light fixtures.
Unlike most apartment buildings for some reason. Not that they don't have cool ones - that they don't have light fixtures at all on the ceilings?? You're asking me to get a million floor lamps to put in every corner to simulate an overhead light?
But my slight annoyance for this is dwarfed by the fact that if we did have an overhead light, it'd come crashing down in the middle of our living room anyways because our upstairs neighbors are the loudest, heaviest-footed fucking human beings. How are you so loud?!? The units are carpeted!

Is this just another fact of adulthood no one warned us about?
That if you live anywhere not on the top floor... well fuck you and your peace and quiet and your noise-related anxiety because your upstairs neighbors are gonna be pieces of shit no matter who they are.
What the actual fuck are you doing? Are you slamming kettle bells on the ground? Are you stomping around in steel toed boots because no one told you to take your shoes off at the door? Are you body slamming each other for fun or for violence? Are you playing a game where you throw handfuls of rocks all over the floor to see which side lands face up? I can definitely hear your headboard banging against the outside wall while you're fucking at 5 fucking AM. You need to take your dog out more because I constantly hear it sprinting back and forth. My boyfriend has seen you and apparently you are short and stout - SO HOW ARE YOU SO LOUD? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?

I miss living in a house again. Two break-ins be damned, I'd much rather hide my laptop every morning before I leave than feel my chest tighten every time you decide to play five little monkeys jumping on the bed. You actually make me want to wring someone's neck.
I miss living up the street from Ba-Bite where I can find comfort in a bowl of warm hummus and lamb with pickled vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment