Tuesday, November 21, 2017

sleep deprivation


Audrey had to take a nap, and I don't blame her. We were quite worn out from our 10-day nonstop adventure through North Morocco. I wanted a nap too, but I also wanted food. And I wanted to wander, and I didn't have to wander far to find some tapas.



At Quimet y Quimet, where I squeezed myself onto the bar at this little cove with probably more than 100 bottles on the wall. The perfect place to whet my appetite for Barcelona. I could see myself spending hours seated at the counter with a couple good friends or even solo with a good book. I restricted myself to three tapas and the house beer, which was actually one of the most memorable beers I've had. 
Fresh anchovies and dried tomato because I heart small oily fish.
Bonito belly and roasted red pepper, which was more generous than I expected. 
Iberian pork cheek, which was also incredibly generous, with fried potatoes and more red peppers.
Large meaty chunks of meat are great, but I kind of walked of away wishing I could try more of the little toasts with little oily fish. These are the downsides of dining alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment