Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Tina's offspring

Tina the sourdough starter is still serving me well.


I've stopped keeping detailed records of each boule I make because contrary to what people say about sourdough and time... it's really at my mercy and not the other way around. Sometimes I just can't time it out right, and I'm not going to alter my schedule or sleeping pattern to fold it on time.
So most of the time, it sits around longer than recommended by The Kitchn.
But most of the time, it's not an issue anyways.
Loaf 7 had my favorite crumb so far.
And I impulse purchased a bread lame to eventually practice scouring. Attempt number 1 on Loaf 8 was just to prove to myself that I could do it. Sometimes a sharp knife still isn't sharp enough. Best $10-ish I've spent.. on kitchen tools.
Prepare for a plethora more of sourdough things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment