Sunday, November 27, 2016

baking past my bedtime

So many new kitchen tools at my fingertips. Literally everything (except a wok but we have no room for a wok). Including by not limited to a mandolin. Finally, I have access to a mandolin. All the jars of jaggedy vinegared vegetables that have passed through my kitchens. All the uneven slices of potatoes and apples and other sliceable things. These persimmons won't know the struggle.
I mean, after the hurdle of skinning them. Peeler over paring knife, guys.

persimmon ricotta tart
3 persimmons courtesy of coworker David's persimmon tree, peeled and sliced
3T honey
1t cinnamon
1t ground ginger

half package Kite Hill ricotta courtesy of housemate Alissa
1 egg
1T honey
sprinkle cinnamon

favorite pie crust recipe
-bake fave pie crust at 350F for 10ish min and let cool
-toss sliced persimmons with honey and spices
-mix ricotta with egg, honey and spices
-spread ricotta mix in cooled crust
-arrange persimmon slices in pretty fashion
-sprinkle tarts with some sugar
-into the oven at 350F for 20ish min
Trying to get into the habit of a (usually late night) bake sesh a week. Just like I'm trying to get into the habit of being outdoorsy every other week. Just like I need to (seriously, really, actually) start checking off things on my to-make list.

No comments:

Post a Comment