Wednesday, September 21, 2016

keeping portland weird

I didn't think I knew anyone in Portland, which bummed me out mainly because I knew if there was anywhere I'd want an eating buddy, it'd be here. It wasn't until Seattle that Matt told me Vivian was around.
It's like finding a long lost food buddy. College was definitely not yesterday as much as my brain wants to think it was. Brunched at Tasty n Alder, which was surprisingly packed for a Monday morning - I wanna live like the humans of Portland.
Cast iron frittata with charred eggplant, fontina, heirloom tomato salad and basil.
Bim Bop bacon and egg with the crispiest rice. The rice itself was enough on its own.
I went to a couple book stores between Seattle and Portland (naturally), and I have this thing where I'm drawn to book stores, and I love walking through book stores and being in book stores, but then I walk in and then I hate myself. So many books to read and own and so little attention span, time, money, space, and stability. It's not unlike the feeling I get when I look at a world map. But this time, encouraged by the facts that Oregon is free of sales tax and I'm on my way to some sort of money, space, and stability, I bought the first book I've purchased in numerous (like greater than six) years and a pacific northwest cookbook as my own souvenir. And two of my favorite postcards from my "meals on wheels stops" frands series of postcards. I almost didn't want to send them.. but I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment