Monday, August 8, 2016

pitstop in beantown

I need to have this table in my dining room.
Sometimes things just fall into place. Like my super quick weekend in Boston.
After very little effort and very good happenstance, I invited myself along with Amy and Abs to visit Mads because New England's states are babies.
Early to rise for a quick stop at Kyle's fave Bagelsaurus with the cutest little icon (they should have stickers), and the honey ROSEMARY cream cheese and cucumber on pretzel bagel was the only real way to start the day. It was a messy endeavor on the drive up from Boston, but I made it work.
Portsmouth was the cutest little seaside vacation town with buildings of red brick and white posts and the smell of the ocean and old money lingering in the breeze. We trekked through the many terrains of Odiorne where I only fell once on the rocky beaches and came out with less than 10 mosquito bites. Should we call that a success? As a bonus, Maddy and Abbey got married on our walk through what can only be described as the "wedding terrain" (because everyone gets married there apparently).
My favorite thing is colliding worlds, and the fact that Kyle described the frands as "one voice." Pretty much my thought from day one, but I never figured out how to put it in concise words.
Mama Maddy drove us down the ocean road of excessive beach mansions to Smuttynose Brewing Co where we pretty much all got flights to make transferring our cooties to one another more interesting, and Kyle and I pretty much nailed it at making decisions. As an antibonus, the ginger pale ale favorite could not be found anywhere in growler form.
May the future be filled with many more frandly visits, as we all disperse across the country (and maybe the world?!?).

No comments:

Post a Comment