Monday, July 4, 2016

fourth and fry

Friends who eat together... stay together.
Where was I? Well I was sinking into the giant bean bag chair in the corner in agonizing pain from overeating. And yet.. I still didn't stop until the sun went away and the night was winding down and I had to muscle my way home to sleep off the food cramps.
It was a serious smorgasbord with a giant bowl of guac and three types of chips (veg, blue corn, parsnip), watermelon with tajin seasoning, coconut cookies, garlic scapes, potato salad, grilled skewers of zucchini eggplant and tomato, asparagus, portobellos, steak with avocado salsa, cous cous salad, cherries, grilled saturn peaches, wild mulberries, no-bake cheesecake with blueberry sauce, unreleased Lindt treats, cheesey spaetzle with Valentina and then with basil and then burned my mouth off with serrano, and pickle popcorn... lots and lots of pickle popcorn - my new obsession (no, I'm not pregnant, this shit's just amazing).
My contribution was hushpuppies (success! Amelia can fry things without burning her face off... and without over or undercooking) because I continue to crave them every time I realize I left these fried treats behind in NC:
And garlicky dill green beans
-sauteed for that delicious char
-zap the following in blender and dress charred beans liberally
1/4 c olive oil
4 or so dill fronds
1 t white balsamic
3 cloves garlic
1/4 t salt
1/2 t sugar
  Holidays are made for guiltless binging. Is July 4th the new Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment