Monday, March 16, 2015

pumpkin landscapes



Thank you Bakerita for the greatest breakfast with my coffee, the greatest snack with my wine, the greatest dessert after dinner.
I made it twice because after the first time, I couldn't think of anything more worthy of the second half of my canned pumpkin.  I used walnuts instead of pecans, subbed in half a cup of whole wheat flour, added raisins the second time around, wish I remembered the chocolate chips, but made up for it by eating it with cookie dough ice cream.  I let it rise overnight in the crisper drawer of the fridge because my nights don't always allow for hours of baby sitting beautiful burnt orange dough, and in case you don't have a bread pan but you happen to have a rectangular aluminum take out box, I just wanted to let you know that that works just fine.
I wouldn't recommend you being stingy with the butter and sugar, as I was, if you want a ooey gooey pull apart bread.  But it did make it easier to eat at my desk while trying to read papers papers all kinds of papers.
Every night becomes a tolerable night with a couple slices of homemade bread and a glass of wine.

Happy Birthday, Mommy.  No one should be allowed to miss another person this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment